The Sports Chat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sports Chat
The Sports Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
madman (857)
NZ Fifa World Cup Success  I_vote_lcapNZ Fifa World Cup Success  I_voting_barNZ Fifa World Cup Success  I_vote_rcap 
CJCorka (529)
NZ Fifa World Cup Success  I_vote_lcapNZ Fifa World Cup Success  I_voting_barNZ Fifa World Cup Success  I_vote_rcap 
nanny (518)
Sumukhasai (493)
Bartel (340)
Saiyan Prince (332)
Pav_001 (221)
Buckets007 (202)
Fred100 (179)
SS2 (152)

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 224 on April 10th 2021, 11:06 am

NZ Fifa World Cup Success

Go down

NZ Fifa World Cup Success  Empty NZ Fifa World Cup Success

If you have been following the world cup lately then you'll know how world number 78s the All Whites have shocked the world. Against all odds Rory Fallon scored a header against Bahrain to help qualify them for the World Cup in South Africa! It wasn't just Rory who was the hero. It was also Mark Pastons turn to be the hero saving a penalty. This was NZ's second time ever qualifying for the world cup and manger Ricki Herbet was one of the players who was there in 1982.

NZ were drawn into the same group as Italy, Paraguay and Slovakia many people said that NZ had no chance of even getting a point. NZ played Slovakia first and were 1-0 down with only a few seconds to go. Shane Smeltz played in a cross and Winston Reid leaped into the air and scored for the All Whites. Shirt were taken off the crowd went wild NZ went wild! First point ever for NZ in a world cup.

NZ played Italy next and apparently had no chance of getting a result. NZ got a free kick and the ball came floating in Fabio Cannavaro made a mistake at the back and Smeltz scored! After that NZ defended and defended facing more than 10 corners. De Rossi then did a major Hollywood and they were awarded the penalty which was scored with ease. The final whistle blew and NZ had drawn 1-1!

NZ had a chance to make it into the round of 16 a win and they were through. The media in NZ were crazy everybody was talking about how NZ could get through. NZ could only hold on to a 0-0 draw emotions ran high and the All Whites were 'gutted'. They had done their country proud though and everybody in NZ was proud.

Inspirational Captain Ryan Nelsen was huge reason behind the success. YOU DID US PROUD ALL WHITES!
Brendon McCullum17
Brendon McCullum17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

NZ Fifa World Cup Success :: Comments

madman

Post June 25th 2010, 12:43 pm by madman

They played very well, and they were unfortunate to not make it through the next round.

Back to top Go down

Brendon McCullum17

Post June 25th 2010, 12:44 pm by Brendon McCullum17

Yeah it's a shame really they ddi their best though. Finishing above Italy WOW!

Back to top Go down

nanny

Post July 3rd 2010, 7:02 am by nanny

Very well played I think Smeltz will soon be gobbled up by an overseas team

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum