The Sports Chat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sports Chat
The Sports Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
madman (857)
Barlow signs contract extension I_vote_lcapBarlow signs contract extension I_voting_barBarlow signs contract extension I_vote_rcap 
CJCorka (529)
Barlow signs contract extension I_vote_lcapBarlow signs contract extension I_voting_barBarlow signs contract extension I_vote_rcap 
nanny (518)
Sumukhasai (493)
Bartel (340)
Saiyan Prince (332)
Pav_001 (221)
Buckets007 (202)
Fred100 (179)
SS2 (152)

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 224 on April 10th 2021, 11:06 am

Barlow signs contract extension

Go down

Barlow signs contract extension Empty Barlow signs contract extension

FREMANTLE has secured boom recruit Michael Barlow through to the end of 2012, rewarding the mature-age rookie for his stunning introduction to AFL football.

The 22-year-old, who was recruited from VFL club Werribee, has averaged 33 possessions in his first two AFL games after a consistent pre-season campaign.

List manager Brad Lloyd said Barlow had impressed everyone at Fremantle since arriving via December's NAB AFL Rookie Draft.

"Although Michael is only a few games into his career, we are very positive about his future prospects and his capacity to play a role in our midfield," Lloyd said.

Barlow is Fremantle's nominated rookie for the 2010 season, making him available for all senior games.

Midfield coach Barry Mitchell said an ability to complete a mountain of work in a short pre-season had allowed Barlow to excel in his first two AFL games.

"He got through everything, which for a player who hasn't been in a full AFL pre-season program, he did well," Mitchell told afl.com.au.

"His conditioning was good and while [his pre-season] was short, he's been through a lot of work in terms of our structure, how we want play and our stoppages.

"We've also worked hard with him on his defensive stuff.

"I think Mick is a bit of a ball-getter, he knows where to go to get the ball and he uses the ball pretty well, he's pretty efficient."

Earlier this week, coach Mark Harvey forecast a daunting third-game test for Barlow, with the youngster now an obvious target for tagger Cameron Ling when Fremantle takes on Geelong on Sunday.

"That'll be a compliment to what Michael's done in the last two weeks, but that's their decision," Harvey said.

"Nothing fazes the kid. He was really important in the third quarter [against Essendon] for us. He really got the team generating on the back of playing in the midfield.

"He might be a little bit of a barometer about what we're doing at the moment."

Meanwhile, rookie Matt de Boer has been elevated to Fremantle's main list. The 20-year-old replaces Dean Solomon, who retired in February.

De Boer's elevation has made him available for selection for Sunday's clash at Subiaco Oval
CJCorka
CJCorka

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Barlow signs contract extension :: Comments

madman

Post April 8th 2010, 3:54 pm by madman

That would be great for Freo

Back to top Go down

CJCorka

Post April 8th 2010, 3:57 pm by CJCorka

yeah really great